We aim to create an educational setting that prepares young people to be engaged, free thinking and socially responsible citizens.Our educational philosophy entails learning with out fear by holistic engagement in all academic areas , where teaching is more exploratory than explanatory. Our curriculum follows an esteemed Indian CBSE system. Students from any and all cultural backgrounds are backgrounds are welcome as we indent to cultivate an inately multicultural environment.
Greenwood makes the children to learn through the other areas of development.
Physical development : – through the senses by touching, tasting, listening and playing.
Emotionally and socially :– through playing with other children and being with people.
Intellectual development :– to learn the important tools i.e. language and communication skills.
SUNDAY to WEDNESDAY : 7.45 AM to 2.15 PMv
2.15 PM to 3.15 PM (LUNCH BREAK)
3.15 PM to 6.00 PM
THURSDAY : 7.45 AM to 2.15 PM
SATURDAY : 9.00 AM to 2.15 PM
2.15 PM to 3.15 PM (LUNCH BREAK)
3.15 PM to 6.00 PM
KG 1v & 2: 7.30 AM to 11.30 AM
GRADE 1 to 5: 7.30 AM to 2.00 PM
Parent who are dropping their ward must drop by the below specified timings.
KG 1 to GRADE 5: 7.00 AM to 7.20 AMv
Note: School gates will be closed after 7.20 AM, Parent are hereby requested to drop their ward on or before 7.20 AM.
Parent who are picking their ward must pick by the below specified timings.
KG 1v & 2: 11.45 AM to 12.00 PM
GRADE 1 to 5: 2.05 PM to 2.20 PM
Parent can meet the respective class teachers on Alternate Saturday’s (2nd & 4th) during the below mentioned timings.
KG 1 to GRADE 5: 09.00 AM to 12.00 PM
- Ensure that children are provided with prescribed books and student diary.
- Students must do the work which is assigned by the teacher.
- Students must attend all the examinations.
- Students must have the attendance percentage (80%) as decided by the supreme council.
- Respond to the reports and information sent to them from the school.
- Note that no leave will be granted during examinations except on medical grounds.
- Note that if a student stays away from school without proper leave application or without prior information to school for more than 15 days continuously, will lead to the student’s suspension from the school.
- Note that students suffering from infectious or contagious diseases like chicken pox, measles, mumps, conjunctivitis etc. should not be sent to the school.
- No junk food is allowed to the school.
- Chocolates are not allowed to the school except for birthdays.
- Those who cause any damage to school property will be fined as per the discretion of the school authorities.
- Students are forbidden from bringing electronic gadgets such as mobile phones, I pads, tablets, valuable toys and ornaments, video/audio CDs /DVDs, film magazines, posters etc. to school.
- Students who involve themselves in any misbehaviour or misconduct will be served warning letter for doing so with due information to the parents.
- Recurrence of the misbehavior or misconduct will lead to the student’s immediate suspension from the school.
- Pre appointment must be taken to meet Principal, Vice principal and Teacher.
- Parents can meet Principal or Vice Principal during school hours and also between 5 pm to 7 pm and can meet school teachers only during school hours.
- Feel free to contact school office for any queries or clarifications.
Parent participation in School
Parents can involve themselves with their Schools by:
- Joining the School’s parent organization (PTA, etc.).
- Volunteering in classrooms/after School activities
- Tutoring children in specific content areas
- Attending open houses and parent teacher conferences on a regular basis
- Contacting teachers/counselors by phone or mail to discuss status of your child
- Attending board meetings on a regular basis
- Reading all communication sent home from the School (Newsletter, etc.).
- Cooperating with suggestions given by School personnel for your child’s academic success:
- Building self-confidence
- Positive/negative reinforcement to build motivation
- Setting goals
- Reinforcing study skills
- Developing responsibility
- Checking homework for quality work
- Signing whatever documentation the School has developed to assure that your child is working toward high standards (eg. Report cards, nightly agendas, assignment journals, etc.).
- Attending parenting workshops, if offered
- Joining specialized groups within the School that promote specific short term projects (Beautification of School grounds, fund raisers, chaperon for different events, etc.)
- Seeking service organizations and local merchants to join in a School-to-work program if offered by the Schools
- Looking into “The Partnership for Family Involvement in Education” program and talking to School officials about participating
Professional development for staff
Greenwood International School & Kindergarten School undertake six Staff Professional Development Days throughout the School year
- two days at the end of the summer holiday (fixed)
- three days during the winter holiday, or taken flexibly within holiday periods or after hours, according to local School decision-making
- the third Monday after the Spring holiday (fixed).
As required, the Minister may approve Staff Professional Development Days for specific professional development opportunities.The staff professional development days at the end of the summer holiday and on the third Monday after the spring holiday are fixed. Staff will have flexibility to position the remaining three professional development days during any School holiday period or at any time outside of School hours, according to their workforce needs and arrangements. We choose to make flexible arrangements for these three days must ensure that a total of 15 hours professional development is undertaken. For example Schools could:
- extend the two fixed days at the end of the summer holidays to five days
- create a consolidated block of three days during the winter holiday
- distribute the three professional development days across the holiday periods, allocating days before students return from holidays
- Schedule blocks of professional development outside School hours totaling 15 hours (this is exclusive of staff meetings).
Arrangements for staff professional development days are finalized by the end of the previous year.Teachers undergo trainings for:
- Teaching methodologies
- Class room management skills
- Activity based learning strategies
- Differentiated instruction
- Safety & First aid
- Child psychology & BMI & all other trainings Supreme Education Council offers
Non Teaching staff undergoes trainings for
- School management system
- Safety and first aid & all other trainings Supreme Education Council offers.
- Communication with Parents